posted Jun 23, 2015, 5:21 AM by Ken Narkiewicz
Since there is the potential for strong/damaging storms this
afternoon, I just wanted to remind everyone of some basic preparations to make
with regard to agency technology:
Take care and stay safe.
- Plan ahead for power/internet outages by printing
required documentation, planning for paper-based data collection, fully
charging laptops and cell phones ahead of time, etc.
- Keep a corded phone on hand to plug in to the phone
line in the event of a power outage. Many land-lines will still function
with a standard, corded phone even if the power is out. Cordless phones
will obviously not work without power.
- Fill up your car’s gas tank and keep a charger for your
phone and/or laptop handy.
- Be sure to have plenty of batteries on hand for various
devices and flashlights.
- Copy important documents from desktop computers to
laptops or usb thumb-drives for access during prolonged power outages (but
do not copy client protected health information (PHI) to unencrypted
- Report internet outages to the ServiceNet IT Help Line
- When possible, check the ServiceNet intranet home page
updates, or call the main ServiceNet number (413-585-1300) for further
information and announcements.
Director of Information Technology